SSC Skill Test 2018 


So, If you are here and reading this, you may know what this article is about . This is about how I cleared this skill test that too in first attempt.

Well, clearing the skill test is not a big deal, for some students but, for some other students it is a big task.

Is it really a big thing to achieve? I would say it's not that tough to clear the skill test, provided you do hard work and be honest with you while counting your mistakes in dictations.

So, it was the first time I cleared the written of SSC Steno Exam. I cleared for both C and D. Now it is the time for the preparation of Skill test.

Result was announced on April 15 2019, for one month I just practiced KC magazines at home. Then I started going to my Steno Institute. Going to institute was the best decision in clearing this exam.

Because, there were so many students who were preparing for the same skill test and after going to the institute I got the feeling of competition then I realised that there is so much of competition around me so I have to give my 100%.

I was starting steno after a long gap. So, I just finished the KC magazine. I practiced one transcription 2 times till the Transcription number 100. Then I started doing one transcription one time.

I was practicing 5 hrs a day. Then apart from this I was taking Dictation in class and online also. I used to take 8 to 12 Dictations a day and transcribing at least 2 transcription a day.

I also practiced Parliamentary Speeches, Budget Speeches, President Speeches etc.

Gradually, my accuracy and speed was getting better. Remember Consistency is the key to achieve anything. You have to be consistent.

Now the day of  the skill test came. I was very nervous because it was my first attempt.

But I did a big mistake in Grade C dictation. I wrote the sample dictation with pen and it was fine so I wrote the main dictation also with pen but when the main dictation started my hands were shivering. I became so nervous at that moment and I missed some words.

Then at the time of transcribing that dictation again I got nervous because I really wanted to clear the skill test. But I managed typing my matter in the given time but didn't had the time to check it.

Then I got a break after Grade C skill test. I came out of the center and had something to drink. Now I am very clear in my mind this time that I am not gonna be nervous because I am well prepared. 

I gave the next dictation with full confidence and this time with pencil. I typed it in 20 minutes and checked it 5 times. There was no word missing and no spelling mistake.

And finally I cleared Grade D skill test in first attempt. I could have cleared grade c also if I didn't write it with pen.

So anybody can clear SSC Steno Skill test in first attempt. Just be honest with you. And be consistent.